Karla Kendrick, RN, BSN, MSN
Ms. Karla Kendrick had been an Emergency Department Nurse for 24 years and the Quality Improvement Facilitator for the Emergency Department (ED) and Urgent Care Clinic (UCC) at the VA San Diego Heathcare System since 1992. She is the initiator and the Chairperson of the Interdisciplinary COPD/Asthma group for the ED/UCC and co chaired the hospital wide COPD Standards Committee. Over the last 16 months Karla, has presented the concept of improving care and treatment to COPD/Asthma through out the Medical Center to both the Medical and Nursing staff. Karla has presented various components of the Assessment and Outcome for managed care of COPD/Asthma care to the following:
· Sigma Theta Tau International’s Fourth Joint Southern California Chapters’ Research Conference in Long Beach, CA, October 16-17, 1998
· AAACN November of 1995 to the San Diego Chapter
· American Academy of Ambulatory Care Nursing Conference in New Orleans in Mar 1996
· Sigma Theta Tau poster presentation on Outcome Care of COPD Management in October 1996
• 1987, Master of Science Degree in Nursing with Gerontology Nurse Specialist with Honors from San Jose State University, California.
• 1983, Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing with Honors California State University Consortium, Long Beach, California.
• 1975, Associate of Arts Degree in Nursing from San Jose, California.
Member Professional Organization
• Emergency Nurses Association
• Sigma Theta Tau, International Honor Society, San Diego, Gama Gama Chapter
• American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants
• American Society of Aging
• Gerontological Nursing Society
BACK TO THE HOME PAGE Karla's Home Page